Consultations

A comic strip about Joe Consultant's life and other commonly experienced joys of the consulting world.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

[Click on Comic to Enlarge]

 

When Conference Calls and Cubes Collide

Artist's Notes:

I apologize to all of you Joe fans for not drawing out the characters for this comic. It just came out too perfect in it's original form. When I first decided to start drawing these out I debated using the sprites instead of actual characters and practiced creating expressions on just a line. This really just involves showing an expression with little more than the use of eyebrows. It's fun, so don't be surprised if you see more of this in the future in this comic.

As for the scenario portrayed I recently ran into this at a client of mine and could not believe it. I was standing in a common area between cubes talking to a bunch of my customers when suddenly at the top of the hour they all ran in a panic to get to meetings they each had. I could then hear them in loud penetrating voices all get on the same conference call together for their meeting. In the cube worlds which I feel like I live these days, it is common for certain people to speak loud enough so that everyone around them can hear what they are saying when they are on the phone. I think they do it so that they can prove to the people around them that they are working. It seems like a subconscious obsessive behavior they have especially when you can hear the same people drop out of earshot when receiving a personal call at work. These people are nuts. But, they pay the bills so who am I to complain :-)


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2005   January 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?