Consultations

A comic strip about Joe Consultant's life and other commonly experienced joys of the consulting world.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

[Click on Comic to Enlarge]

 

Meet Joe Consultant

Join him as he trudges through the
regular torments of an everyday
consultant in corporate America.
Artist's Notes:
Where does this come from?
I thought I would write a few lines to everyone tonight due to some scanner issues here at Consultations. If anyone knows of a good portable scanner please let me know. As much as I would like to quit my job and stay home to write this comic it probably isn’t a good idea at this time. Besides, where would I get new material for the strip? Here is a little about me. I am as you would have guessed a consultant and have been on and off for over 10 years. This has afforded me the opportunity to spend a lot of time working at many different companies on projects. These include IBM, Motorola, Bank of America, Cingular Wireless, The Home Depot, Computer Associates, and the toy company LeapFrog to name a few. I have also had the pleasure of working with fellow consultants on these project from companies like Deloitte & Touche, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Ernst & Young, Accenture formerly Andersen Consulting, McKinsey & Company and several other Big Five consultancies. The companies I have worked for directly shall remain nameless for now in the interest of keeping the comic generic. My experiences, I am sure are shared by everyone in the consulting world who needs to put up with Corporate America on a daily basis as I do. Our constant battle to help organizations actually complete projects has destroyed our lives for the betterment of the corporations. Our wives have been replaced by laptops and blackberries and our home lives have been reduced to consisting of airports, airplanes and hotels. Our hats are hung daily at places like the Marriot, Residence Inn, Renaissance, Courtyard, Hilton, Embassy Suites, Omni, W, Sheraton, Hyatt, Westin, and of course all the beloved boutique hotels across the country. And while our efforts are recognized by some with benefits like airline frequent flier miles, rental car rewards, hotel points, expense accounts, and some flexible hours, these benefits are constantly waning. But, at the end of the day, there is something that keeps us dragging ourselves to client sights, keeps us in status meetings and dodging bullets like offshore outsourcing to India. Perhaps it is the humor of it all. I will do my best to keep this top of mind for all my readers so please visit often and hang in there. I mean, only one more year of this s@#t before I get a real job, right? Enjoy and hang in there.
-M

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

December 2005   January 2006   March 2006   April 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?